Friday, January 3, 2014

18 Nov 2013 Business in Paris


Well, a few days after that, Soeur Bernhardt got her visa. She is currently on a plane right now on her way to SLC. We said goodbye to her at the train station yesterday and sent her off to Paris. I'm so glad Heavenly Father gave her a few weeks with us. I can't wait to visit her in January at Temple Square! Soeur Judd and Soeur Doyle and I are in a trio right now. We're having so much fun! Maybe too much fun...but they're both really sincere. They both have had difficult personal lives in regards to their families and because of that both are very grateful to the gospel for how it had helped them through their trials.

This week was very eventful, but sadly we were not able to do a ton of missionary work because of it. It's a little frustrating when that happens.


On Tuesday we went to Zone Conference in Anger and I was pleasantly surprised to see that several sisters from my Bleu (original arrival) group were there as well. Only two from our group were not. We were all able to bear our “dying” (departing) testimonies together. It was an honor to do it with these Sisters that I've learned to love so much. I struggled to decide if I should do it in French or English. Finally, about an hour before I decided to do it in French since I've been bearing my testimony in French for the past 16 months. But about four minutes before I had the strong impression to do it in English. I don't know why, but I hope that it maybe helped somebody in the room who didn't know French yet.
BTW, mom I loved that missionary miracle with Sister Smyly. I really am so very proud of my home Ward.
Well, that night we whisked off to Paris and the next day at 7h30AM we were at Place de la Concorde where the American Consulate is. I wasn't allowed in and for the first time in 16 months I was totally alone for about an hour. I got bored quickly so I walked around as a glorious sunrise came over the Place and the bridges next to it. It was beautiful and I thought of how many Americans/non French people would love to see it (I didn't have my camera, they were not allowed in the consulate). But I realized that as beautiful as the city was and as wonderful as I felt seeing it, I had felt better things. I had felt a more wonderful feeling sitting on people's couches testifying of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ than I did on that bridge. The Spirit feels better than anything. I would much rather feel those feelings over and over again than see the sun rise in Paris. I'm glad I've had both opportunities, but I know which one I prefer.
Well, I'm very close to running out of time, but I want to share a quick miracle. Soeur Bernhardt and I decided to be as obedient as possible one night and literally two seconds after we agreed together we heard a baby cry. We looked through the window and saw a young family. They only speak Albanian, but the other sisters happen to be teaching an Albanian family who also knows English!!! They said they'd help us!!
 
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment